[mythtv-users] Recording Schedules do not work on one channel

David Segall david at segall.net
Fri Nov 14 14:13:36 UTC 2008

The GUIGuy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I need some help with this:
>
> My combined backend/ frontend running Mythbuntu 8.10 is generally
> working well. It uses free to air digital TV. I am in Australia.
>
> The EPG seems be working and updating correctly. However, recording
> schedules work on all transponders except on one (SBS
> http://www.sbs.com.au)
>
> Googling the subject matter hasn't turned up much, except where some
> users can't get scheduling to work at all. That's not my situation; I
> can schedule to record on all the other available channels/ transponders
>   except SBS without a problem.
>
> Any troubleshooting suggestions, anyone?
If you are using Shepherd <http://svn.whuffy.com/> I suggest you post
this question, with the log file, to the Shepherd mailing list
<http://www.interlink.com.au/mailman/listinfo/shepherd>.

If you are not using Shepherd install it now! Your problem is likely to
be that SBS has recently changed the format of their web site and your
grabber has not coped with the change. Shepherd solves this problem by
using successive grabbers from different sources until it has completed
your program guide and by automatically updating itself when changes are
required.