[mythtv-users] mythfrontend unresponsive after inactivity

Justin Nolan hondacrxsi at gmail.com
Thu May 29 07:29:33 UTC 2008

I have the most peculiar issue that has been bugging me for months. I
leave my frontend/backend running 24/7, and when I'm using it I never
have any issues. Pressing a button on the remote wakes the graphics
card up, and I continue wherever I last left off. The problem is,
about 30% of the time, the graphics card wont wake up to a remote
control press. Plugging in a mouse and wiggling it wakes it up. BUT,
mythfrontend is completely unresponsive. I always leave myth on the
Watch Recordings page, and when this happens, the frontend is frozen
on that page, but completely empty with no recordings listed. The only
way to bring the system back is to ssh in from another machine and
kill mythfrontend. Of course I've checked the mythfrontend log, and
there are absolutely no errors or anything logged.

Does anyone have any insight for me? I'm not sure if it's
mythfrontend, lirc, or my graphics card to blame. Again, the only time
this happens is when the system has been idle and I press a button on
the remote to wake up the screen. And even then, it only happens a
small percentage of the time. But when it does, it drives me bonkers!

Thanks.