[mythtv-users] Need help setting up Insignia digital convertor IR BLASTER

Jason Salerno jasonmsphoto at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 30 07:20:07 UTC 2008

Thanks! your tutorial helped me out A LOT! I am using MCEUSB2 blaster so i  had some sort of error when i test run cc.sh, it kept saying directory was not found. so i had to change lircd1 to either licrd0 or lircd (can't remmber at the moment).

I did have some sort of issue with channels numbering like if i use program guide to go to channel 2, blaster goes to channel 20,  I will play more around it tomorrow when i am much more awake :) but otherwise it was breeze-thru! (beside that lircd1 issue).

oh by the way, it turns out that the remote ir codes is actually different, here is my codes for Insigina NS-DAX1, i renamed the names of buttons to same format as you did, to lessen more issues. it is linked to http://www.theeyestudio.com/NS-DXA1

i do hope we figure out how to format this "digital-tv" channel numbering soon tho.

"Peter A. Daly" <petedaly at gmail.com> wrote: On Wed, May 28, 2008 at 11:22 PM, Jason Salerno
 wrote:
> I have got the raw codes for remote for insignia box. but i am having
> trouble making it work. i keep losing my normal mythtv remote 3 times which
> resulted me re-installing the box again.

See:
http://www.mythpvr.com/mythtv/hardware/digital-converter-box/Zenith-DTT900.html

You may be replacing your lircd.conf, instead of appending the
additional remote to the file.  That would cause your existing remote
to stop functioning.  Both remotes need to be in that file.

I accomplished this by doing:
cat DTT900 >> /etc/lircd.conf

Of course, replace DTT900 with the config file for your insignia remote.

> the box is INSIGNIA NS-DXAI (i have read that its very similar to enith
> DTT900 Digital Converter)
I'm curious if the remote codes are the same.  Could you compare
against my file?

-Pete
MythPVR.com