[mythtv-users] Mythbackend daemon fails to locate remote mysql server

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Mon May 26 05:32:34 UTC 2008

2008/5/26 Larry K <lunchtimelarry at gmail.com>:

> However, I missed the one at  /.mythtv/mysql.txt
>
> Apparently, this is the file used by the daemon (and the one referred to
> someone in this thread, but I missed it), not /root/.mythtv.  Not sure why
> the packager installed the additional copy at /root.

The copy of mysql.txt stored in /.mythtv/ is caused by mythbackend
being run when $HOME is not set - this frequently occurs when using an
init script. Updated scripts for Fedora are available at
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/browser/branches/release-0-21-fixes/mythtv/contrib/init_scripts.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki: