[mythtv-users] Mythbackend daemon fails to locate remote mysql server

Larry K lunchtimelarry at gmail.com
Mon May 26 01:31:31 UTC 2008

> Also, note that there are mysql.txt files in other places, too, like
> /usr/{,local/}share/mythtv .  Find all the mysql.txt's all over your
> filesystem and fix them all (or delete all of them except the proper one).
>
> I found yet a third mysql.txt file that was the culprit.

I had previously fixed the ones at

/home/mythtv/.mythtv/mysql.txt  and
/root/.mythtv/mysql.txt

However, I missed the one at  /.mythtv/mysql.txt

Apparently, this is the file used by the daemon (and the one referred to
someone in this thread, but I missed it), not /root/.mythtv.  Not sure why
the packager installed the additional copy at /root.

Thanks for the help.  It works great now.