[mythtv-users] MythTV and the "average" user...

Peter Schachte schachte at csse.unimelb.edu.au
Mon May 26 03:18:41 UTC 2008

Kevin Kuphal wrote:
> I've thought about this too.  My take was like with recording profiles
> (High, Med, Low), I typically have standard options I set for "My
> Shows", "Kids Shows", and "Movies.  I also have recording groups that
> match.  I figured it would be nice to have "scheduling templates" that
> corresponded with recording groups so that you can just say "Record this
> show to this recording group" and everything is set.  Customizing is
> just done later using the full scheduling options.

That would be really nice.  Currently there are a number of recording options
for which you can set defaults, and several you can't, and they're controlled
in different places in the setup screens.  It would be great if you could set
up several named "option groups" that give the settings of all the recording
options (record once or multiple, priority, transcoding, comm flagging, start
early, end late, autoexpire, episode limits, recording group, playback group
-- everything).  And when you select a program to record, you could select
one of those option groups from a menu.  This would only be when initially
scheduling it; after that, you could still manually edit each of the options
as usual.

Is that what you had in mind?

--
Peter Schachte              The greater part of our happiness depends on our
schachte at cs.mu.OZ.AU        dispositions and not on our circumstances.