[mythtv-users] MythTV and the "average" user...

Kevin Kuphal kkuphal at gmail.com
Tue May 20 16:45:12 UTC 2008

On Tue, May 20, 2008 at 11:30 AM, Ronald Frazier <ron at ronfrazier.net> wrote:

> > I agree, a lot of the scheduling could be trimmed off in a basic view.
>  Most
> > of the time the only option I set is whether it's record any time/any
> > channel (for series) or record one showing (for movies).
> >
> > It could just display a few filtered options based on what kind of show
> it
> > is (record any time is unlikely to be used for a movie for example) with
> > button to go to the "advanced" (current) screen.
>
> I agree completely. I've been meaning to take a stab at that for some
> time, but I've already got too many myth related projects on my plate.

I've thought about this too.  My take was like with recording profiles
(High, Med, Low), I typically have standard options I set for "My Shows",
"Kids Shows", and "Movies.  I also have recording groups that match.  I
figured it would be nice to have "scheduling templates" that corresponded
with recording groups so that you can just say "Record this show to this
recording group" and everything is set.  Customizing is just done later
using the full scheduling options.

Kevin