[mythtv-users] Nvidia 6150 xorg.conf xrandr 480i 720p 1080i over DVI sample?

Mark Kendall mark.kendall at gmail.com
Mon May 26 02:39:46 UTC 2008

2008/5/25 JS Boyd <mythtv at futures.com>:
> Does anyone have a working xorg.conf for an Nvidia 6150 that will use
> xrandr to switch between 480i, 720p and 1080i?
>
> I've already spent a lot of time looking for this. There is lots of
> different sometime conflicting info out there and none seems to
> specifically address xrandr over DVI using standard TV 480i, 720p, 1080i
> signals.   I have Nvidia driver version:  100.14.23

JS

My xorg.conf is below. This is for the 169.xxx series of drivers and a
pal setup - so you will need to tailor it. Essentially with the newer
drivers, you should just need to put the 3 'modes' that you want in
the screens section and (assuming the driver is happy with them),
these will then be available via xrandr. If you don't know the name of
the modes to use, try 'startx -- - logverbose 6' to get more log
detail on the modes available.

Your bigger problem may be driver issues though. From memory
interlaced modelines were finally fixed again in the 169.xxx series of
drivers - so you may need to upgrade. These drivers have various
issues, including ones with xrandr. You may find that you need to kill
X and restart it to get xrandr working properly.

Other than that, once you have it setup. you may then get sync issues
between the display and mythtv when playing back interlaced material
with an interlaced modeline. Search the lists for 'viktor's bobdeint
patch' for endless discussion :)

Regards

Mark

Section "ServerLayout"

	# Uncomment if you have a wacom tablet
	#	InputDevice     "stylus"	"SendCoreEvents"
	#	InputDevice     "cursor"	"SendCoreEvents"
	#	InputDevice     "eraser"	"SendCoreEvents"
	Identifier	"Default Layout"
  screen "Default Screen" 0 0
	Inputdevice	"Generic Keyboard"
	Inputdevice	"Configured Mouse"
EndSection

Section "Files"
EndSection

Section "Module"
	Load		"glx"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Generic Keyboard"
	Driver		"kbd"
	Option		"CoreKeyboard"
	Option		"XkbRules"	"xorg"
	Option		"XkbModel"	"pc105"
	Option		"XkbLayout"	"gb"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"Configured Mouse"
	Driver		"mouse"
	Option		"CorePointer"
	Option		"Device"	"/dev/input/mice"
	Option		"Protocol"	"ImPS/2"
	Option		"ZAxisMapping"	"4 5"
	Option		"Emulate3Buttons"	"true"
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"stylus"
	Driver		"wacom"
	Option		"Device"	"/dev/input/wacom"
	Option		"Type"	"stylus"
	Option		"ForceDevice"	"ISDV4"# Tablet PC ONLY
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"eraser"
	Driver		"wacom"
	Option		"Device"	"/dev/input/wacom"
	Option		"Type"	"eraser"
	Option		"ForceDevice"	"ISDV4"# Tablet PC ONLY
EndSection

Section "InputDevice"
	Identifier	"cursor"
	Driver		"wacom"
	Option		"Device"	"/dev/input/wacom"
	Option		"Type"	"cursor"
	Option		"ForceDevice"	"ISDV4"# Tablet PC ONLY
EndSection

Section "Monitor"
	Identifier	"Generic Monitor"
	Horizsync	20.0	-	150.0
	Vertrefresh	20.0	-	150.0
	Option		"DPMS"
EndSection

Section "Device"
	Identifier	"nVidia Corporation G70 [GeForce 7600 GS]"
	Driver		"nvidia"
#	Option		"AddARGBVisuals"	"True"
	Option		"NoLogo"	"True"
        Option          "DynamicTwinView" "false"
        Option          "UseEvents" "True"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
	Identifier	"Default Screen"
	Device		"nVidia Corporation G70 [GeForce 7600 GS]"
	Monitor		"Generic Monitor"
	Defaultdepth	24
	SubSection "Display"
		Depth	24
#		Modes	"1680x1050"
                Modes   "1920x1080_50i"  "1280x720_50" "720x576"
	EndSubSection
	Option		"AddARGBGLXVisuals"	"True"
EndSection

Section "Extensions"