[mythtv-users] Nvidia 6150 xorg.conf xrandr 480i 720p 1080i over DVI sample?

JS Boyd mythtv at futures.com
Sun May 25 01:46:17 UTC 2008

Does anyone have a working xorg.conf for an Nvidia 6150 that will use
xrandr to switch between 480i, 720p and 1080i?

I have this working using 480p, 720p and 1080p and then using BOB to
make the interlaced video content progressive, but my LCD TV Samsung
LN46A650A1F is capable of accepting  480i and 1080i over DVI/HDMI. In
fact, certain features will not work UNLESS the input is 480i or 1080i.
And I expect the TV should do a better job of deinterlacing content than
BOB.  At least I'd like to find out.... so does anyone have a working
xorg.conf that does this?

I've already spent a lot of time looking for this. There is lots of
different sometime conflicting info out there and none seems to
specifically address xrandr over DVI using standard TV 480i, 720p, 1080i
signals.   I have Nvidia driver version:  100.14.23

Thanks in advance.

JS.

--
==
Ubuntu Feisty 7.04
MythTV SVN version below
AMD 64 x2 4200+ 65W Energy Efficient Processor
Abit NF-N2 nView Motherboard
NVidia 6150 video VGA/DVI
PVR-500 (Phillips Chipset)
 IVTV 0.10.4
HDHomerun /sys/version 20071120
1GB RAM
2- 500GB Seagate SATA: ST3500641AS
SONY DVD RW AW-G170A
Please include all output in bug reports.
MythTV Version   : 16312M
MythTV Branch    : trunk
Library API      : 0.21.20080224-1
Network Protocol : 40
Options compiled in:
 linux release using_oss using_alsa using_arts using_jack using_backend using_dbox2 using_directfb using_dvb using_firewire using_frontend using_hdhomerun using_iptv using_ivtv using_joystick_menu using_libfftw3 using_lirc using_opengl_vsync using_v4l using_x11 using_xrandr using_xv using_xvmc using_xvmcw using_bindings_perl using_bindings_python using_opengl using_ffmpeg_threads using_libavc_5_3 using_live