[mythtv-users] Gloss Mythtv frontend replacement

Johan Venter mythtv at vulturest.com
Thu May 22 00:48:16 UTC 2008

Sarah Katherine Hayes wrote:
>> Looks very similar to the xTV theme I've been using in XBMC for over a
>> year now - Is Gloss that big of a deal?
>>
>> xTV in action (not mine) at
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gZg3bh8_3o&feature=related
>> <http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gZg3bh8_3o&feature=related>
> I'm trying out XBMC as well, it's good and if I was after all
> "all-in-one" I think I'd be set; but it doesn't by default plug in to
> MythTV... which is an irk.

Not quite correct. Current versions of XBMC have native MythTV support
as a video source for watching LiveTV and recordings.

Not sure about scheduling and the program guide, but I'm sure that's
coming (the functionality is certainly there in libcmyth, which is the
underlying library the XBMC developers chose to use).

The support has improved in leaps and bounds over the last few months.

Johan.