[mythtv-users] scratchy sound once in a while

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Tue May 13 06:12:53 UTC 2008

Hello, i have mythbuntu 8.04 going and one of my two issues remaining is the
scratchy, static sound that happens every now and then.

Seems like one in every 20 or so recordings or channel changes has this
happen. The funny thing is that it always happens on my wife's recordings.
I have heard of a tinny sound being heard by some myth users, but this one
is more like very bad static, like bad radio reception.

I tried this:

v4l2-ctl -d 2 --set-audio-source=0; v4l2-ctl -d 2 --set-audio-source=1

which i found at:
<http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_PVR-500#Audio_Instability>
http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Hauppauge_PVR-500#Audio_Instability

But nothing happened when i ran it, it just brought me to the same screen
you get when you run: v4l2-ctl --help
Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this bad sound?
-Thanks