[mythtv-users] URGENT HELP!!! Where does mythtv-setup put the backup after a schema update?

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Sun May 11 11:09:43 UTC 2008

On 05/10/2008 11:51 PM, Michael Jones wrote:
> He's on the 1220 version of the schema.   Is there ANY way to adjust
> the database schema on my system manualy (I'm pretty mysql adept.. so
> structural changes aren't too difficult) so the existing database will
> work?

No.  Basically, your database has been upgraded through the most
undo-able change in the history of the MythTV database (the
character-set conversion required for the Qt4 port).

Use the week-old backup.

> Isn't there a "database_schema_version" field or something in the
> settings table that the backend looks at?

Changing the DBSchemaVer is tantamount to lying to MythTV.  It will
cause you no end of troubles in the future when you do try to upgrade to
0.22, after it's released.

Mike