[mythtv-users] MythWeb video paths problem

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Fri Mar 28 21:49:20 UTC 2008

John Burns wrote:
> I’m new to myth and mythweb and very novice when it comes to Linux but
> I’ve run into a problem that I think is bigger that just my
> shortcomings. In my video settings, I’ve set the path for my ISO files
> (VideoStartupDir in the settings table) to 3 different directories,
> separated by : like the instructions say. This works great in MythTV but
> MythWeb chokes because of Symlinks. I’m assuming MythWeb is built to do
> a single Symlink to the root for the videos or something like that but
> it doesn’t seem to be able to handle the multiple paths like the myth
> frontend can. I have my DVD ISOs on a few different servers and I have
> mappings mounted into a single folder /mnt/DVD/mapping1,
> /mnt/DVD/mapping2, /mnt/DVD/mapping3. I’m afraid if I change my video
> folder to just look at /mnt/DVD that I’ll have to go in and reconfigure
> all my movies and files. Any advice here or perhaps something I’m
> overlooking? Is this a “bug” or just unsupported? Thanks for your help.

It's a bug: http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4212
I'm not sure how you use MythVideo, so I don't know how to tell you to
work around it. I usually just use the Gallery view so it doesn't matter
how my videos are structured in the file system, so setting /mnt/DVD as
the video directory would work for me.