[mythtv-users] MythWeb video paths problem

John Burns john at burnshome.com
Fri Mar 28 21:42:57 UTC 2008

I'm new to myth and mythweb and very novice when it comes to Linux but I've
run into a problem that I think is bigger that just my shortcomings. In my
video settings, I've set the path for my ISO files (VideoStartupDir in the
settings table) to 3 different directories, separated by : like the
instructions say. This works great in MythTV but MythWeb chokes because of
Symlinks. I'm assuming MythWeb is built to do a single Symlink to the root
for the videos or something like that but it doesn't seem to be able to
handle the multiple paths like the myth frontend can. I have my DVD ISOs on
a few different servers and I have mappings mounted into a single folder
/mnt/DVD/mapping1, /mnt/DVD/mapping2, /mnt/DVD/mapping3. I'm afraid if I
change my video folder to just look at /mnt/DVD that I'll have to go in and
reconfigure all my movies and files. Any advice here or perhaps something
I'm overlooking? Is this a "bug" or just unsupported? Thanks for your help.

John Burns