[mythtv-users] Mythweb Jump problem

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Fri Mar 28 18:53:01 UTC 2008

On 03/28/2008 02:25 PM, Greg Woods wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-03-28 at 13:16 -0400, Michael T. Dean wrote:
>> What MythWeb theme (look? style?  whatever it's called...)?
> Whatever is the default, I haven't changed it (although I might try some
> other choices to see what happens).
>> TTBOMK,
>> there is no "Jump" (or Goto or equivalent) button for moving around the
>> listings
> There is now. Prior to my complete reinstall of F8 and 0.21 from ATrpms,
> I was running FC5 and the latest SVN compiled from source (I needed a
> later version to support my HDHomerun).
> But I do have a couple of things to try. First, I tried to change the
> theme, which I presume is done by clicking Settings. When I do that, I
> immediately get this error:
>
> Error at /var/www/html/mythweb/modules/settings/tmpl/lite/welcome.php,
> line 29:
> Invalid argument supplied for foreach()

OK.  You are using the lite theme.  It's the non-JavaScript one (which
would need a Jump button).

> This also (not surprisingly) happens under both F8/Firefox and XP/IE.

What you are seeing with the listings seems to be a bug in the Lite
theme/template.  It definitely doesn't get much love anymore.  The
settings should be accessible (and may be after you do the below...).

> I'll have to figure out if there is a way to change the default theme on
> the server side because I can't change it through the browser.

If you send a request:

http://my.mythweb.tld/settings?RESET_THEME=yes

You'll go back to the old (JavaScript) behavior.  It may also fix your
ability to go to Settings.  See http://my.mythweb.tld/README for more.

> The second thing is, from work I am going through a proxy web server.
> I've done this before and never had a problem with it, but I can rule it
> out as the problem by trying from a machine at home where I can access
> the web server without going through the proxy. I just typically don't
> use Mythweb at home because I can just fire up mythfrontend.

It may work because--if it's not the same session--you may have a
different theme/template.

Mike