[mythtv-users] The Death of MythTV in the US?

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Thu Mar 27 22:32:16 UTC 2008

David Brodbeck wrote:

> It's kind of interesting how things have come full circle.  It used to
> be there was no such thing as a "cable-ready" TV.  If you had cable,
> you had to rent the cable company's set-top box.  Eventually, cable-
> ready TVs and VCRs appeared, and cable boxes disappeared.  Now we're
> headed firmly back into the cable box era.

They've learned from their mistakes. When people stopped paying
$10/month per box as they bought new cable-ready TV's the cable
companies decided, "Let's get that money back by putting premium
channels above the normal frequency range that cable-ready TV's can
tune" and now they're doing it again.

OTA with MythTV - the best way to watch TV. :)