[mythtv-users] The Death of MythTV in the US?

David Brodbeck gull at gull.us
Thu Mar 27 22:25:32 UTC 2008

On Mar 27, 2008, at 1:09 PM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:
> Sure, if you go with one of the bigger cable companies that ARE out
> to screw the end user...

> Support smaller/independent cable companies who are willing to work
> with
> subscribers to get the most out of their service.

By doing so, you'll make the independent companies more profitable.
Eventually, they'll become attractive enough that one of the big
companies will buy them out. ;)

It's kind of interesting how things have come full circle.  It used to
be there was no such thing as a "cable-ready" TV.  If you had cable,
you had to rent the cable company's set-top box.  Eventually, cable-
ready TVs and VCRs appeared, and cable boxes disappeared.  Now we're
headed firmly back into the cable box era.