[mythtv-users] Commflagging in the UK?

Max Hodgson max at mjhodgson.co.uk
Thu Mar 27 14:10:12 UTC 2008

I have mixed success with it on DVB-T on DVB-S. Mainly record Dave Film 4
and some stuff on BBC world. BBC world has always been a bit iffy. Dave is
about 50 -50. Film 4 was very good up until about 2 months ago and now
misses most adverts and jumps in the middle of the film. They must have
changed something, as I haven't changed anything on my setup for months.

Any centralised database may have trouble picking out the programme within a
recording. If I start all my recordings 5 minutes early and the next bloke
does his 2 minutes early, the cut lists won't match. Also channels like
Film4 broadcast a film multiple times, but have the same title. Unless there
is some way of digitally finding the finding to actual start of a programme
in the stream...