[mythtv-users] Anyone using an iMon LCD display

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Thu Mar 27 00:52:10 UTC 2008

>  > Finally, when I power off the machine, my LCD stays lit up. Even when
>  > I cut the power completely, as soon as I plug it back in, even without
>  > booting up the computer the LCD is still backlit. Is that the case for
>  > yours?
>
>  I believe that depends on how the LCD is wired. On my Antec Fusion, it
>  stays on all the time (unless I unplug it entirely) but I believe on
>  some cases, it doesn't.

OK, I see the issue. This case comes with a cable that connects
between the main 24 wire power cable and the power socket on the
motherboard. That cable has the power wires for the LCD spliced into
it. The LCD is hooked up to the continuous power line, so it's powered
up even when the system is turned off. I think that's so you can power
up the system using the remote.

Since I (for the most part) won't be using the included remote, and
the sensor doesn't appear to be programmable so that it can wake up
using a 3rd party remote, this functionality is pretty useless for me.
I might investigate rewiring it so that its not powered all the time.

--
Ron