[mythtv-users] Stopping program display in MythWeb

Bruce Nordstrand brucen at ksl.com.au
Wed Mar 26 23:46:37 UTC 2008

Michael T. Dean wrote:
> On 03/26/2008 01:46 AM, Bruce Nordstrand wrote:
>
>> I do have a few of the "any time" rules but there is a problem with
>> using that for some programs I record. For example, on one of our
>> channels, ABC & ABC2 (Govt channels), programs are either repeated or
>> run multiple times. For example, I record the 7pm news every day so I
>> don't have to sit down at that time.
>>

> Wow.  Someone who actually understands how to use a PVR.  Kudos for
> doing news right (and not using LiveTV).

Thanks! We have always done it this way as my machine doesn't have
enough grunt to run Live TV. We treat our Myth box as a super dooper
VCR. It has changed our viewing habits in a major way and we rarely
watch anything live anymore. It make it soooooo much easier than rushing
around to be ready by the start of a program, especially with 2 kids
under 10!!
> You're right that it does match the show's title in that timeslot and,
> if that show does not air in that timeslot, it will not record.
> However, Myth is showing you the "missing" recording in order to alert
> you that the show you said should appear at that time is not airing at
> that time.
Aha, now I understand. For now I will live with this slight "annoyance"
as it is not a show stopper.

Thanks for you help (and that goes for others as well). Much appreciated.

Cheers
Bruce