[mythtv-users] Stopping program display in MythWeb

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Mar 26 14:44:01 UTC 2008

On 03/26/2008 01:46 AM, Bruce Nordstrand wrote:
> I do have a few of the "any time" rules but there is a problem with
> using that for some programs I record. For example, on one of our
> channels, ABC & ABC2 (Govt channels), programs are either repeated or
> run multiple times. For example, I record the 7pm news every day so I
> don't have to sit down at that time.

Wow.  Someone who actually understands how to use a PVR.  Kudos for
doing news right (and not using LiveTV).

>  ABC runs news multiple times per
> day so an "any" setting would record all those. I am only interested in
> the 7pm showing so I use the "Record this program in this timeslot every
> day." setting. Same goes for other programs like The Bill etc which will
> run earlier seasons during the day and the latest on Saturday nights.
>
> I will say that prior to 021 none of these "problems" occurred. I
> therefore assumed that "/Record this program in this timeslot every
> day./" and "/Record this program in this timeslot every week/." should
> keep working as before. I assumed this because I took "/this program/"
> to be the key, meaning "/this program *title*/". I suspect the logic
> behind "in this timeslot" has changed between 020 and 021 to literally
> mean "this timeslot" with no reference to the program title. Not being
> versed in C++, I have no way of checking that assumption.

You're right that it does match the show's title in that timeslot and,
if that show does not air in that timeslot, it will not record.
However, Myth is showing you the "missing" recording in order to alert
you that the show you said should appear at that time is not airing at
that time.

Mike