[mythtv-users] MythTV 0.21 on Xebian installed (was Compiling MythTV on a computer instead of the Xbox)

Ian Hodgson ian.hodgson.home at googlemail.com
Wed Mar 26 19:14:18 UTC 2008

    Sorry for what might be a stupid question, but is the upgrade of the
Xbox to Etch a prerequisite for the installation of MythTV 0.21? (I have
a softmodded Xbox that is running Xebian and MythTV 0.20). From the
information on www.knizefamily.net, the update to Debian Etch is a
fairly tortuous process and I don't want to make the change if it is not
needed.
    Also, you commented "minus the kernel upgrade cuz you cant do that
on a E image"; I do not understand this as I thought the aim of the
whole process was to update the kernel. Neither Knize, nor the others
offering guides on Xebian upgrades
(http://www.xbox-linux.org/wiki/Xebian-1.1.4-Kernel-2.6-Upgrade for
example) make this point. Can you explain?

Thanks in advance.