[mythtv-users] General satisfaction

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Mar 26 18:49:06 UTC 2008

On Mar 26, 2008, at 12:36 PM, Ronald Frazier wrote:
>> And here I watch all my TV at 1.35x (for favorites) or higher (up to
>> 1.75x--increasing inversely proportional to my interest).
>
> I think you missed your calling in life as an auctioneer.

The auctioneer does the talking, not the listening.

I find I can watch a complete "30 minute" newscast (which is actually
22 minutes of programming) in 12 or 14 minutes without missing a thing.

Of course with today's newscasts I could probably just skip the entire
thing and not be missing much.

Playback at 1.1 or 1.2 X and most people don't even notice.

We used to use a device called a "Lexicon" to create a similar effect
by controlling the servo of a VTR. You'll see this a lot on old Star
Trek episodes. Look for a 1-line vertical jitter at about 2 JPS
(jitters per second).

beww