[mythtv-users] Commercial flagging on a sample basis

sylvain brejeon sylvain.brejeon at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 00:39:51 UTC 2008

Thank you Brad for the links and all you guys for the answers
Although you insisted more on the sharing side and time-based flagging,
I initially wanted to discuss mostly of  the sample-based method.
That idea was already presented as the archives show, and I think it is
still worth to investigate this trail.
Sharing cut point lists or anything else is secondary in my opinion.
I reckon that the one thing we know for sure are the ads themselves. "know
you enemy" is generally a good advice.
The channels do not play with them as it's a sacred ground (true
worldwide?). There is not even the channel logos on them!
Well, I don't know if an implementation will ever be started (I'm interested
into getting involved in coding for MythTV though)
At this point, I just would like you to share ideas about how you'd
implement such a solution:
1) the making of fingerprints
2) looking for them into actual recordings
I guess I should start in fact by moving this post into the dev mailing
list...