[mythtv-users] Commercial flagging on a sample basis

Michael T. Dean mtdean at thirdcontact.com
Wed Mar 26 03:56:01 UTC 2008

On 03/25/2008 04:30 PM, Robert wrote:
> I don't know too much about copyright law, but if I were an advertiser,
> the more places my advert were distributed the better and I'd hardly be
> bothered to go to the extent of copyrighting my adverts either!

You ever download some of the (generally high-definition) movie trailers
from a movie studio's website only to find that they're unplayable
because they have DRM inside that forces you to use an approved player
(like WMP) that can download a license to play the trailer--which /is/
an advertisement for a movie?

>   Sounds
> like unnecessary expense and hassle.  And with the number of shows and
> movies available to download from the internet I think the authorities
> are fairly busy trying to stop all those people to worry too much about
> a (relatively) small number of Myth users sharing a few adverts around.

If only the world made sense.

Mike