[mythtv-users] Cable box always on

Brad DerManouelian myth at dermanouelian.com
Tue Mar 25 23:47:16 UTC 2008

On Mar 25, 2008, at 4:41 PM, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics wrote:

> Thought there might be a better way. As for serial, I'll have to
> check that
> out, but my mythbox has only 1 serial port which is being used for IR
> blasting my sound equipment. Not sure if usb to serial adapters
> would work
> in this case, but it would be interesting to find out.

Yeah, it should work since you'll be using the serial port for
standard communications. I use a USB->Serial converter to control one
of my satellite boxes and the other is controlled on the single serial
port I have on my motherboard. No issues except they switch on me
sometimes on a reboot even though I have udev rules to prevent that.
Minor annoyance.