[mythtv-users] Cable box always on

James Orr james.orr7 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 26 01:10:31 UTC 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 7:41 PM, Steve Peters - Priority Electronics <
steve at priorityelectronics.com> wrote:

> . As for serial, I'll have to check that
> out, but my mythbox has only 1 serial port which is being used for IR
> blasting my sound equipment. Not sure if usb to serial adapters would work
> in this case, but it would be interesting to find out.

It does work.  I use two USB->Serial cables with the Prolific PL2303 chip to
control two SD digital cable boxes.

If your STB doesn't have a serial port, you may be able to take it into your
cable companies office and exchange it there.