[mythtv-users] pcHD5500 and 0.21

Harry Devine lifter89 at comcast.net
Mon Mar 24 16:26:44 UTC 2008

Jesse Burt wrote:
> Kevin Bailey wrote:
>
>> How does it resolve the situation when it wants to record
>> something off both "inputs" at the same time ? Can the
>> 5500 record analog and digital at the same time ? (Have you
>> tested this ?)
>>

> Kevin,
>
> This actually wasn't what I was looking for; I wanted to work out why
> analog wasn't working "at all" :)
> It just seemed weird, as Harry and Bob found out too, that the way to
> accomplish this with the pcHDTV cards changed from .20 to .21, but no
> worries.
> These cards cannot, in fact, record both a digital and analog program at
> the same time. The cards only have one tuner circuit.
>
> I have, btw retested this, Bob... I deleted all cards and started fresh.
>   It *does* seem to work fine now, thanks!
>
> Cheers,
> Jesse

Yeah, I thought it was strange that I had to set up that card as 2
seperate cards.  I was used to having the 1 card and seeing the Analog
Options button, so when I put 0.21 on, it sort of threw me for a loop.
I was able to add both cards, but ran into some mysql issues, so once
that's all straightened out, I'm going to re-do the DB and setup from
scratch.  Hey, it's good practice, right?  ;-)

Harry