[mythtv-users] Incorrect playback profile selected.

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 24 02:57:17 UTC 2008

I must be missing something but here's what's going on...

It appears that the wrong playback profile is getting picked. I am
playing 1080i content from my HDHomerun and I can sift through the log
to see "VDP: Accepting.." etc on both the playback profiles (Slim with
quartz ones removed). But I can't tell what lines let's me know which
profile was chosen.

It was driving me mad because I went all the way back to the one field
deinterlacer to try and get smooth playback (which has worked well
before) on the >= 1280 x 720 profile but nothing I did had any effect.
It would play a few frames and freeze, skipping forward would "break
it loose" for another few frames and if would freeze again.

On a whim I changed the deinterlacer on my "rez > 0 0" profile segment
and it suddenly started to work! Now I've even added the second
qualifier to the > 0 0 profile so now it's supposed to exclude
anything 720 or greater (< 1280 x 720) but it's still choosing that
profile!

Relevant hardware info:
AMD Sempron 64 running F8 x86_64
Nvidia Geforce 6200 AGP 128MB
HDHomerun
Logging via mythfrontend -v playback -l mythfrontend.log

Thanks,
Richard