[mythtv-users] Different FFTW libraries in MythTV, MythMusic and MythStream

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Sun Mar 23 20:21:44 UTC 2008

Is there a fundamental reason that MythTV, MythMusic and MythStream use
different versions of FFTW?

MythTV uses fftw3f, MythMusic uses fftw3, and MythStream uses fftw.
Since I am trying to keep MiniMyth as small as possible, I would rather
only have one FFTW library.

I created a patch for MythMusic so that configure looks for fftw3f,
fftw3 and fftw3l and fftw, using whichever one it finds first. After
applying the patch, I have MythMusic using fftw3f without any
visualization problems so far.

In addition, I created a patch for MythStream that changes MythStream
from using fftw to using fftw3f. After applying the patch, I have
MythStream using fftw3f without an visualization problems so far.

Am I missing something, or is the use of the differing libraries purely
historical?