[mythtv-users] Hauppage HD-PVR update

scram69 scram69 at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 23:27:09 UTC 2008

On Thu, Jan 31, 2008 at 6:50 PM, Joe Borne <joe.borne at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just got this email from happauge in response to my inquiry about
> availability and Linux support.
> *****
>

> HI Joe.
>

> The HD PVR will be available in the March timeframe.  We are already working
> with the Linux community so that the HD PVR will have Linux support.
>

> Regards,
>
> Dorothy

Any update on this product?  It came to mind today reading about
Gefen's scrambling attempt to DRM-ify its HD PVR:
http://crave.cnet.com/8301-1_105-9898065-1.html
Apparently some non-DRM units are already "in the wild".

Seems a little like re-arranging deck chairs on the Titanic...

Of note is CNET's take on allowing consumers to use what they have
paid for: "Such unencrypted/non-DRM video files are the holy grail of
video pirates..."