[mythtv-users] Am I on crack

James Gutshall Jr warchildx at gmail.com
Fri Mar 21 13:16:04 UTC 2008

> > 3.  The ability to stop a tuner that thinks it is on liveTV after the
> > frontend crashes.  If my FE crashes on liveTV the backend still thinks
> it is
> > watching, and the only way I can stop it is to restart the backend,
> which
> > sucks when I am recording something.

Regarding the Frontend crashing and leaving the backend recording LiveTV
mode, try using this feature: LiveTVIdleTimeout.  There appears to not be a
gui interface for setting it, but rather a "insert into the database" sql.
RE: http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/users/321987#321987
Basically, it tells livetv mode to stop recording after X amount of minutes
if no remote control events, but I also read in one of the svn commits that
it is supposed to present a dialog after the X amount of time.  Basically
something like "Press ok to continue watching livetv"... since nothing is
pressed because of the crashed frontend, the backend stops the recording.
(Not certain if the popup portion is in current 0.21) I am getting ready to
upgrade to 0.21, but dont have it ready yet.
--James