[mythtv-users] Hulu.com

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Thu Mar 20 02:17:22 UTC 2008

On Mar 19, 2008, at 8:08 PM, steve wrote:

> i doubt the bandwidth would be suitable for streaming through a proxy
> though.

Depends, a cluster of SunFires running on an OC-xxx can do wonderful
things :-)

Certainly individual ssh tunnels, or even "store and forward" systems
would work.

Once captured the file can go anywhere. I think they can stop the
casual surfer from "browsing" it, but not stop the content from
crossing borders. I suspect they know that, and are only concerned
with the former.

As it relates to Myth (to try and stay OnTopic), obviously
incorporating it into Myth is desirable, but I would not advocate
trying to circumvent their restrictions. I would not want to
discourage this sort of movement towards more available content. I'd
actually like to see it integrated into the World Wide Media project.

beww