[mythtv-users] Hulu.com

Jon jon.the.wise.gdrive at gmail.com
Thu Mar 20 00:31:33 UTC 2008

On Mar 19, 2008, at 11:56 AM, Albert Graham wrote:

> Jonny B wrote:
>> So, has anybody had a chance to check out Hulu.com <http://Hulu.com>?
>> I've spent the last couple days on their site, watched the entire
>> firefly series, as well as various other little things here and
>> there.
>> I don't know much about the tech, it's a flash movie player, but I
>> can't seem to figure out how to possibly save the video streams. I
>> know this is against Hulu's TOS, and so am not going to pursue any
>> further.
>>
>> What I was wondering though, has anybody thought of a hulu player
>> plugin for myth?
>>
>> ~Jon
>>> This available to USA only :(

I didn't realize that. What a tragedy. Maybe they're planning on
expanding. It just came out of Beta this month. I just thought it was
great that I could watch Airwolf! (among other oldies) and the 15 and
30 second commercial interruptions really don't bother me (why can't
TV stations realize, if there was less than 2 minutes of commercials
to sit through, more people might be willing to sit through them) It
runs in flashplayer, so I don't know what that would take to code (my
coding skills=perl, php, vb, and a little javascript) and probably
wouldn't be able to. Maybe the mythweb plugin will be able to play
hulu videos at some point (I haven't tested to see if it can yet)

~Jon