[mythtv-users] Archos Video Formats ?????

Emery Guevremont emery.guevremont at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 14:08:09 UTC 2008

R. G. Newbury wrote:
> Brad DerManouelian wrote:

>> This sounds like a cool device. Can anyone comment on the quality of the
>> screen and how videos look when playing back? Dead/stuck pixels?
>>

> For some more money, you might want to look at the Nokia N810 which is a
> full Internet tablet with bluettooth and wifi, running the Debian based
> Maemo distro. Fantastic touch sceen. Smaller and lighter than the
> Archos, plays transcoded mythtv files BEAUTIFULLY, using mplayer.
>
> So it will play basically anything you want to push at it.
> Various music players including rhapsody.
>
> Ssh and other goodies of course.
>
> Best extra benefit? Someone has written a program which makes the Nokia
> N810 a remote control for myth! (Using wifi/LAN or bluetooth). A small
> server program on the mythbox passes control codes to the network
> control port in a similar manner to lirc.
>
> Awesome.
>
> Only niggle: comes with only 2G memory, and you have to add a mini/micro
> SD card for your 'real' memory.

Actually the N800 comes with 2 SD slots. The Nokia internet tablets
(N770, N800 and N810) are definitely nice and powerful to have. I don't
own one, but before I decided to buy an Archos 605, I was thinking on
buying one. From the research I made, the nokias are great for surfing
the web and there's a lot of community support for them. But when it
comes to playing videos, don't expect it to be as powerful as an Archos.