[mythtv-users] mceusb ir blaster, only 1 of the 2 IR Ports works

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Sat Mar 15 22:14:47 UTC 2008

Hey all,

I've got the ir blaster that comes with the pvr-500. It's a microsoft one
with two blaster ports on the back.

I am able to get the second port working without a problem by using the
irsend SET_TRANSMITTERS 2 command in my channel change script. When i do
SET_TRANSMITTERS 1, i don't get an error. Also, I don't get an error when
running commands like this:

irsend --device=/dev/lircd SEND_ONCE SAE8000 Power

I've got two of the same cable boxes, also, both of my little led things
that you stick on the cable box work fine in port 2. It's just port 1 that i
can't get going. Using ubuntu feisty.

Any ideas?
-Thanks