[mythtv-users] Problems since upgrade to 0.21with high CPU load on internal player

Mark Hutchinson mark at onnow.net
Sat Mar 15 14:55:13 UTC 2008

On 14-Mar-08, at 7:22 PM, Gordon McCrae wrote:

> Since I updated my SuSE 10.3 backend and server to 0.21 with the
> RPMs on
> Packman, I am experiencing higher than usual CPU usage with the
> Internal
> player.
>
> Stupidly, when I tested the 0.21 upgrade, I only did so on selected
> channels, ITV2 and ITV3 being the two; these both play fine with the
> Internal player.
>
> What I've discovered is that while these channels play fine, other
> channels such as BBC1 drop audio and stutter video, however if I then
> play the files created by the recording process, they play fine with
> mplayer (roughly 45% CPU). I also found that playing previously
> recorded
> and archived MPEG-2 file suffered the same problem when using the
> Internal player, but worked fine in Mplayer.
>
> After playing with various options, it seems to be related to the
> audio
> in the relevant streams.
>
> Here's a brief run-down of what I've found :

trim..

I have experienced exactly this.  I had to go back to 20.2
I am still trying on a test machine with the latest SVN though.
I think it is an internal player issue.  Perhaps related to ffmpeg
I see exactly the symptoms you do.  Just some channels.

Please see, add to, samples....
http://svn.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/4940#comment:2