[mythtv-users] Problems since upgrade to 0.21with high CPU load on internal player

mythtv.users mythtv.users at fastdruid.co.uk
Sat Mar 15 02:14:56 UTC 2008

> Since I updated my SuSE 10.3 backend and server to 0.21 with the RPMs on
> Packman, I am experiencing higher than usual CPU usage with the Internal
> player.
<snip>

Could this be because the rpms are not built with mmx?

if you do
strings /usr/lib/libmythavcodec-0.21.so.0 | grep mmx | wc -l

you should get a figure around 27, if you get 4 then its been built
without mmx.

See my last post about blue tinge for how I recreated packages compiled
with mmx for suse 10.3.

> Anyone else seen similar problems?

I didn't but that could just be different recording settings (or just
you're playing back HD and I'm playing SD!)

> I'm now attempting to compile 0.20.2, as the RPMs do not seem to be
> available on Packman any more.

http://packman.links2linux.de/package/mythtv/54558

HTH

Druid