[mythtv-users] using telnet to improve mythtv menus

Ronald Frazier ron at ronfrazier.net
Sat Mar 15 04:11:04 UTC 2008

>  Now the script I made works, but 1 out of 5 times, myth takes longer to open
>  the recorded tv module (usually it takes about 4 seconds, but sometimes up
>  to 6-7 seconds on my fast core 2 duo). So on the time it takes 6-7 seconds,
>  my script ends up making a recording start playing. It seems as though since
>  myth is taking a long time, the "key n" command is ignored, and the "down
>  down enter" command is received. So it plays the third recording on the
>  list.
>
>  Any ideas on how to address this one? Really strange.

Do you have any coding skills? Enough to at least write some basic
perl scripts? You could always communicate interactively with the
network control port, and keep executing a "query location" until the
screen you need loads. You can take a look at the code for my
irwatch.pl to see how I worked with it and did that sort of thing.

http://www.ronfrazier.net/ronfrazier.net/mythtv/#IRWatch

--
Ron