[mythtv-users] can't get into mythweb

Steve Peters - Priority Electronics steve at priorityelectronics.com
Fri Mar 14 16:48:07 UTC 2008

Here's what I got from Nick Morrott who kindly fixed my system:

Delete blanket wildcard entries:

    mysql> DELETE FROM user WHERE Host = '%';

Delete erroneous Host entries for LAN:

    mysql> DELETE FROM user WHERE Host LIKE '192%';

Grant permission for user 'mythtv' on 192.168.1/24 network

    mysql> grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"192.168.1.%"
identified by "mythtv";

Grant permission for user 'mythtv' on host 'mythtv-server'

    mysql> grant all on mythconverg.* to mythtv@"mythtv-server"
identified by "mythtv";

Flush the changes through, and quit

    mysql> flush privileges;

Restart mysql and apache, and now it works.
-Thanks to all who contributed. This mysql stuff is somewhat out of my reach
at the moment as I've never really delved into it.
-Steve