No subject

Mon Mar 10 15:32:33 UTC 2008

- getting unencrypted channels with HD-Homerun (which I got, and still need
  to configure).
  I had a quick look at
  http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Working_QAM_cable_layout#Cupertino.2C_CA_95014_-_Comcast
  but the channels don't seem to match what I see on my HDTV plugged
  directly into the cable

- Comcast in my area seems to offer a Motorola with DCH3200, but am I
  correct in assuming that it's unlikely to have anything coming out of the
  firewire port that I'm likely to be able to use?
  http://developer.motorola.com/products/settops/dch3200/
  Therefore, is it likely that the cable box will only let me record via
  svideo encrypted channels that I wouldn't be able to get any other way?
  (I understand that in the near future, I may be able to use the haupage
  card that records component video and get better than SD quality on
  encrypted channels).
  (they also offered the DCT-5100, but from what I can tell, that box is
  crap)

- Is there a 3rd party mythtv friendly cable box that I can/should purchase
  instead? (I'm going to uess the anwer is no, but just making sure :) )

But anyway, am I going to get anything with the $10 I'll be paying comcast
for the box (which I'm told I can't really buy myself), or should I just
return the box, stick with Hd-Homerun, and forget about all encrypted
channels?

Thanks,
Marc
Home page: http://marc.merlins.org/