[mythtv-users] OT: Documentation?!?! (was Re: MythFrontend 0.21: What is a watch list?)

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Wed Mar 12 15:39:42 UTC 2008

On Mar 12, 2008, at 9:31 AM, Brad DerManouelian wrote:

> Maybe my experience is different because I do Quality Assurance and
> I'm quite good at it. ;) Companies are willing to pay a premium for my
> talents in that area so I normally get hired by companies that know
> the value of a good end-user experience - including good QA and
> Documentation. So to that I say maybe you're working at the wrong
> places if they're not hiring tech writers.

Obviously I don't know for sure, but I'd bet you work with companies
selling to other companies, governments or other non-consumer end-users.

To me it seems to be the companies selling to consumers that tend to
scrimp everywhere they can, especially documentation and QA.

Too many companies equate QA with "inspection". No matter how hard you
try you cannot "inspect" quality into a product.

beww