[mythtv-users] 0.21 Not Viewable on VIA EPIA M10K

Paul Bender pebender at san.rr.com
Wed Mar 12 00:25:43 UTC 2008

Mache Creeger wrote:
> I have tried all the playback options I can think of and either I get
> a choppy video experience or I get mythfrontend crashes. Does anyone
> have 0.21 playing recorded video on a VIA EPIA M10K and if so, how
> did you do it?

Not that it is likely to help you in your situation, but I have it
working in MiniMyth. It runs as well as MythTV 0.20 on my VIA EPIA SP8000E.

MiniMyth builds the openchrome xorg driver before building MythTV. As a
result, the MythTV configure script detects the openchrome libchromeXvMC
and libchromeXvMCPro libraries and enables XvMC-VLD support.

MiniMyth's MythTV 0.20 and trunk are patched so that when xvmc-blit is
used and codec does not support xvmc-blit but does support xv-blit,
xv-blit is chosen rather than the first in the codec's list (which is
often opengl). As a result, MiniMyth is much less likely to fall back to
opengl rendering and crash due to the bug in the unichrome Mesa driver.