[mythtv-users] 0.21 Not Viewable on VIA EPIA M10K

Stephen Robertson stephengrobertson at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 09:11:53 UTC 2008

On Wed, Mar 12, 2008 at 12:25 AM, Paul Bender <pebender at san.rr.com> wrote:
> Mache Creeger wrote:
>  > I have tried all the playback options I can think of and either I get
>  > a choppy video experience or I get mythfrontend crashes. Does anyone
>  > have 0.21 playing recorded video on a VIA EPIA M10K and if so, how
>  > did you do it?
>
>  Not that it is likely to help you in your situation, but I have it
>  working in MiniMyth. It runs as well as MythTV 0.20 on my VIA EPIA SP8000E.
>
>  MiniMyth builds the openchrome xorg driver before building MythTV. As a
>  result, the MythTV configure script detects the openchrome libchromeXvMC
>  and libchromeXvMCPro libraries and enables XvMC-VLD support.
>
>  MiniMyth's MythTV 0.20 and trunk are patched so that when xvmc-blit is
>  used and codec does not support xvmc-blit but does support xv-blit,
>  xv-blit is chosen rather than the first in the codec's list (which is
>  often opengl). As a result, MiniMyth is much less likely to fall back to
>  opengl rendering and crash due to the bug in the unichrome Mesa driver.

I've not had a chance to do any investigation yet but I've upgraded my
M10K from Minimyth 0.20b?? to 0.21b40 and am having the same problems
with choppy, in fact not really playing at all, video and frontend
crashes.  It had been working perfectly for months.  Really not sure
where to start at all!

Stephen.