[mythtv-users] Monitor/tv calibration?

Florin Andrei florin at andrei.myip.org
Tue Mar 11 21:53:22 UTC 2008

Marc Sherman wrote:

> I imagine that the first step is to use it with my DVD player connected
> directly to the TV (via composite), to get the TV calibrated correctly.

Right.

> Step 2 would be to rip the DVD, and play it in mythvideo to calibrate
> the myth playback (xv) controls.

Honestly, I only calibrated my TV with the PS3 as a DVD player. That was
all, and I just apply the same parameters to all the other inputs on the
TV (cable, SD card reader). Not very scientific, but it seems to work
pretty well.

I do not have a Myth frontend connected to this TV (it's on a computer
in a different room), so I never had to think about calibrating the
frontend per se. But it looks like one day I may have to do that.

--
Florin Andrei

http://florin.myip.org/