[mythtv-users] MythFrontend 0.21: What is a watch list?

Larry Sanderson larry.sanderson at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 17:19:34 UTC 2008

On Tuesday 11 March 2008 01:08:42 pm match at ece.utah.edu wrote:
> On 11 Mar 2008 at 8:13, Jay Mallar wrote:
> > I get the point of open source.  I get that this is a community
> > project.  But gosh darnet, if you have the time to add the feature
> > to the code, you have the time to write up a quick document for the
> > rest of us so we know how to use it.  One of the biggest problems I
> > have with most open source projects is this lack of documentation
> > or the assumption that documentation should be done by someone
> > other than whoever made the change.  How am I supposed to know what
> > someone else added, much less how it works?
> >
> > Sorry - rant over...
>
> Actually, the MythTV documentation is better than the documentation
> that exists for most of the the open source software I play with...
> But I agree with Jay Mallar here.
>
> Most of the documentation that exists for open source softwares in
> general is just plain bad if it exists at all, or so out of date as
> to be confusing.

I contribute a bit to open-source, and I just make sure the code is well
commented.  I have never really contributed to the user-docs, except to
help a doc writer when he/she has a question.

It's not that I'm against documentation, it's just not what I want to
work on.  Commenting the code has been sufficient so far.

-- Larry