[mythtv-users] Time to record before start with back-to-back recordings and multirec?

jonny Linux jonnylinux at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 09:48:24 UTC 2008

> > The first sentence of the use case seems to suggest soft padding rather
> than
> > hard padding. But if I set two back-to-back programmes like that without
> the
> > hard padding, there will be no overlap between the recordings. Is the
> wiki
> > describing it wrong?
>
> The wiki describes a possible use-case, not the committed
> implementation in 0.21. The documentation needs to be updated (the
> wiki makes this clear at the start of the use-case section) to
> accurately reflect the behaviour in the 0.21 release.

OK, yes, I thought documentation was written before the implementation, but
the way the documentation describes seems to be easier than the having to
set the hard padding. It seems illogical to ignore the soft padding settings
when they could be obeyed using a spare virtual tuner.

Never mind, it appears the only way of ensuring back-to-back recordings
don't miss either the end of the first or the start of the second recording
is to manually intervene and cause a conflict.

Thanks,

Jonny