[mythtv-users] Time to record before start with back-to-back recordings and multirec?

Nick Morrott knowledgejunkie at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 09:14:31 UTC 2008

On 11/03/2008, jonny Linux <jonnylinux at gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/index.php/Multirec
> Use Case 2:
> User has MythTV set up to always start recording five minutes before and
> after the scheduled time. User schedules recording of two back-to-back
> programmes on the same channel, or on different channels carried on the same
> transport. Only one tuner should be used to record both, despite the
> overlap.
>
> The first sentence of the use case seems to suggest soft padding rather than
> hard padding. But if I set two back-to-back programmes like that without the
> hard padding, there will be no overlap between the recordings. Is the wiki
> describing it wrong?

The wiki describes a possible use-case, not the committed
implementation in 0.21. The documentation needs to be updated (the
wiki makes this clear at the start of the use-case section) to
accurately reflect the behaviour in the 0.21 release.

--
Nick Morrott

MythTV Official wiki:
http://mythtv.org/wiki/