[mythtv-users] Can't access mythweb after upgrade

Gabe Rubin gaberubin at gmail.com
Tue Mar 11 06:13:02 UTC 2008

On Mon, Mar 10, 2008 at 10:28 PM, Gabe Rubin <gaberubin at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just upgraded to the new version via atrpms, thought I took care to
>  modify the httpd.conf.apache file appropriately, copied it to
>  /etc/httpd/conf.d/mythweb.conf and restarted apache.  However, I am
>  getting the dreaded 403 Forbidden error (You don't have permission to
>  access /mythweb/ on this server.).
>
>  The changes I made to the stock conf file was a change to the
>  Directory (<Directory "/var/www/html/mythweb" >).  I left all the
>  authentication stuff commented out for now, but when I get it working,
>  will turn on password protection again.

One more datapoint: if I append mythweb.php at the end of the url, I
get the following error:
Database Setup Error

The database environment variables are not correctly set in the
webserver conf or .htaccess file. Please read through the comments
included in the file and set up the db_* environment variables correctly.

Some possible solutions are to make sure that mod_env is enabled
in httpd.conf, as well as having followed the instructions in the
README and INSTALL files.

I am pretty sure my database variables in mythweb.conf are set up
correctly, so I don't know what this error is about.