[mythtv-users] Meta: PLEASE trim posts !

Brian Wood beww at beww.org
Tue Mar 11 03:10:05 UTC 2008

On Mar 10, 2008, at 8:54 PM, Mario Limonciello wrote:

> I've got a collection of extensions that  I used on thunderbird to
> help combat
> this.  I don't even notice anymore when someone messes up because of
> them.
>
> 1) Nested Quote Remover: does the hard work for replies  You hit a
> big X on the
> quotes button and they all go away.
> 2) Quote colors : Makes it easier to read history if there are
> nested quotes and
> you don't know who wrote what
> 3) Quote Collapse: All quotes (including nested) can suddenly
> collapse and stop
> wasting your message space.  They default collapsed, so you see the
> response
> immediately.
>
> <3> is my favorite by far.

What? No pointer to where they all are? :-)

How does your quote remover/squasher handle non-standard quoting? Do
you just tell it what characters constitute a citation?

I'd like to see the (quotation/new material) ratio shown for each
message. The first step in getting something changed is to make people
aware of it. I suppose this could be done on the server or at the
user's end.

T'bird is OK but it has problems. In fact they ALL have problems of
one sort or another.

beww